Gasoline prices plummet in Lebanon
The price of 20 liters of gasoline declined by LL1,000 and that of diesel by LL 500 from last week's price, according to the Energy and Water Ministry.
The price of 98-octane graded fuel now stands at LL36,000 while the price of 95-octane graded fuel is LL35,300, based on the weekly price update. Kerosene gas is now sold at LL29,700, down by LL400, with fuel oil at LL27,500 and diesel at LL27,600.
The cost of gasoline reached a record high last month when the price of 98-octane graded fuel hit LL40,000. The increase sparked outrage among unions, which demanded the government place a price ceiling at LL25,000.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue