Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue