Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another