Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- More trade dialogue urged between Oman and Iran
- Mission impossible? IMF says Jordan needs 7 percent growth to fight poverty and unemployment
- Saudi's strong non-oil growth in February may signal new economic era for KSA
- Worth a gasp? Abu Dhabi’s inflation already up 2.1% in 2014's first two months
- What's the attraction? IIF says UAE’s economic stability wooing foreign capital investment