Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- An extension of apartheid or another dark side all together? Israel has highest OECD poverty rates
- Why empowering women is good for business
- Does Iran really need the Geneva deal to save its economy? Maybe something else is needed....
- Iraq's other war: the gruesome fight against corruption and bureaucracy
- Is the GCC-US business driven "marriage of convenience" about to be over?