Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- Trouble getting them, trouble keeping them? Middle East firms challenged in attracting, retaining talent
- Does capitalism provide a solution to terrorism?
- No pain, no gain: Tunisian economy needs three years of tough love before rebounding
- How will MENA economies look in 2015?
- Sanctions face-off: Iran to unveil its corporate side in London next week