Lebanon: Industry Minister calls on boycotters not to harm economy
Industry Minister Vreij Sabounjian called on the March 14 alliance to ensure that their political boycott does not harm the country’s economy or affect social issues that are of high concern to citizens.
Sabounjian was speaking during the launch of a long-awaited summit gathering Lebanon’s top economic officials that is set to commence Nov. 1. According to a report by the Central News Agency, Prime Minister Najib Mikati has commissioned the head of the Economic Committees Adnan Kassar to prepare for the summit.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship