Lebanese workers for Lebanese oil
Lebanon's Petrolab has said it will seek Lebanese workers for oil and gas exploration
Click here to add Lebanese Government as an alert
Disable alert for Lebanese Government,
Click here to add Mohammad Safadi as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammad Safadi,
Click here to add Naji Abi Aad as an alert
Disable alert for Naji Abi Aad,
Click here to add Noble Energy Inc. as an alert
Disable alert for Noble Energy Inc.
Petroleb, a closely held Lebanese company, said it intended to hire Lebanese oil and gas professionals as it plans to form partnerships with companies to bid for offshore petroleum exploration and production contracts in Lebanon, according to a company statement Tuesday.
"We will be working on putting together competitive compensation packages for Lebanese oil and gas professionals who are working abroad," chief operating officer Naji Abi Aad said in the statement.
The Lebanese government plans to invite companies to bid in the nation's first auction of exploration rights in the first quarter of 2013, Finance Minister Mohammad Safadi said on Dec. 3.
The marine area that will be open to exploration is close to ones located in the waters of Israel and Cyprus where Noble Energy Inc. found natural gas reserves.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Electricity workers see the 'light': Lebanese demonstrations go on
- Big savings: the expected benefits and unexpected costs of the oil price slump on the Lebanese economy
- Electricite du Liban only cutting undocumented spending - Lebanon's Finance Ministry
- Financing package put together for Thuraya
- Lebanese politicians to meet regarding Israel's newly discovered gas field near Lebanese waters