Lebanon's next oil investors?! It's own diaspora...
Forty-nine percent of the tenders for the drilling will be reserved for Lebanese investors (File Archive)
Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil called over the weekend for allowing members of the Lebanese diaspora to invest in offshore drilling for oil and gas in Lebanon.
While wrapping up the workshop on Economic Diplomacy, Bassil said Saturday that after the international tender over drilling for gas was settled, Lebanese should be given the chance to invest in the oil sector.
“After the international tender has been settled on which the international company would have 51 percent shares of the oil and gas drilling, the remaining 49 percent [reserved for Lebanese investors] should be open for Lebanese diaspora interested in the investment,” Bassil said.
He added that the 49 percent would compromise a sum not exceeding $750 million.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Why is Saudi sending so much oil to the US this month and next, and is this a danger for oil prices?
- Lebanese data sales net government $34 million
- It's official: Jordan set on building it's first nuclear plant and Russia is going to build it
- Foreign investors spend $941 million on Saudi proxy shares in hopes of ownership