Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- Jumping on the IMF's bandwagon: Kuwait quietly embarks on subsidy-slashing journey
- Even the numbers are on the feminist side: companies with females in top management yield higher returns
- Kingdom in debt, Kingdom in danger: Saudi Arabia's pending deficit raises frightening possibilities
- 'Dead aid': is there any hope left for South Sudan's economy?
- Why the ME's high net worth individuals should be investing in family businesses