Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship
- Say what, Erdogan? 1.6 million living on less than $4.30 a day in Turkey