Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- Syria's children search for livelihood amidst Lebanon's graves
- Arab Thought Foundation's strategy to create 80 million jobs in the Middle East
- Let's just say nshallah! Egypt's back in business, says new survey
- Why Emiratisation, or any other GCC employment nationalization strategy, just doesn't work
- No sun on MENA's economic horizon? How today's political turmoil is crushing region's future edge in the global economy