Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
After a series of strikes across Lebanon, the Cabinet is set to reconsider a proposed salary scheme
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?