Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another