Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- Fully booked for post-sanctions business: Iran's five star hotels are buzzing with Western business delegations
- The source of all brain drain: Lebanon's university graduates downbeat about their future prospects
- Is Erdogan's party waging a 'holy war' against the free market economy?
- Costs and benefits: the tough economics of hosting the World Cup
- Mind the gap: descripancy between income and social development persists in the Middle East