Lebanon: Cabinet to discuss public sector pay rises
[Lebanon's] Industry Minister Vrej Sabonjian told Voice of Lebanon that the Cabinet will study the salary scale in a calm way to ensure that this step would not affect the Lebanese economy and people.
The minister warned against the negative ramifications of the regional turmoil on Lebanon, calling on all parties to avoid downbeat remarks as this would undermine the economy.
"At this stage, we should focus our attention on developing and marketing our industrial products," Sabonjian said.
He insisted that the Lebanese state has fulfilled all its commitments in 2012 and preserved stability as much as possible despite the difficult conditions in the region.
- An extension of apartheid or another dark side all together? Israel has highest OECD poverty rates
- Why empowering women is good for business
- Does Iran really need the Geneva deal to save its economy? Maybe something else is needed....
- Iraq's other war: the gruesome fight against corruption and bureaucracy
- Is the GCC-US business driven "marriage of convenience" about to be over?