Lebanon set to become a regional conference destination
Conditions are increasingly favorable for Lebanon to become a major destination for conferences, meetings and corporate events, stated the General Manager of the Crowne Plaza Beirut, George Aoun.
“In addition to a general increase in traffic, we are seeing the resumption of old airlines and commencement of new ones flying directly into Beirut, a considerable reduction in airport taxes and handling fees and continuous improvements to the country's infrastructure,” said Aoun.
Aoun expects Lebanon's first Crowne Plaza hotel to contribute considerably to bringing Lebanon a notch closer to becoming a major conference destination. Though not officially open until June, the hotel has already taken a provisional reservation for a regional conference for 100 to be held next October.
Since 1994, Crowne Plaza has offered affordable upscale accommodations at more than 146 hotels in 40 countries, including 47 properties in the Middle East and Africa. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai set to become Vacation Ownership ‘super city’
- Syria, Lebanon to set up regional airline
- Event Guru is Set to Become in a Flash a Regional Market Leader
- Tokyo to become top 2010 travel destination for Middle East holidaymakers
- Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates to become landmark destination for tourists in the region