Lebanon's first $80 million theme park opens
The Al Habtoor Group has ventured into yet another arena with the opening of Habtoorland, Lebanon's first theme park. The amusement park portrays a Phoenician realm of fantasy, adventure and excitement that travels back into history and its legendary heroes.
Situated along the Beirut-Damascus highway in Haret El Sit, Habtoorland was built at a cost of $80 million (Dh293.6 million). It took one year to create and stands on 107,000 square metres of land. The project has created over 450 local job opportunities.
"Altogether, Habtoorland offers 27 thrill rides and attractions, four themed restaurants, a fast food court, cafes, retail shops and a 1,400 seat amphitheatre and caters to adults and children of all age groups," a company statement said.
- AED 14 billion Legends in Dubailand opens headquarters; Development of first of three theme parks commences
- Bahrain: New theme park opens
- Habtoorland launched in Lebanon
- Hungry for fans: Hunger Games-styled theme park to open in Dubai
- U.S. firm announces collaboration with Dubai to open new theme park in 2017, and even Bollywood is part of the plan!