Libancell to offer GPS/GPRS vehicle tracking service
Canada's WebTech Wireless Inc. announced that LibanCell, the Lebanese GSM mobile telephony operator, has selected to trial and offer the WebTech Wireless GPS/GPRS Telematics Device (WebTech Locator L2000) to power its i-Track service offering for web-based fleet management, according to a company press release.
LibanCell had launched its i-Track web based fleet management service last summer utilizing WebTech's GSM/SMS based vehicle. LibanCell is the first GSM network operator to provide wireless vehicle location services using GPRS in Lebanon and the region.
The i-Track service on the GPRS network enables to deliver real-time data services such as Internet access to business customers with fleets. The WebTech GPRS Telematics device makes it possible to track vehicles in real time at a fraction of the cost incurred with SMS.
LibanCell S.A.L. the GSM mobile telephony operator for Lebanon was incorporated in Beirut in November 1994, following the award by the Ministry of Telecommunications of a BOT contract for establishing a GSM 900 MHz cellular network covering the Lebanese territories.
LibanCell serves today 385,000 subscribers. In September 1997, LibanCell pioneered prepaid services in Lebanon and the Arab World, and in 1998, LibanCell was the first GSM operator to introduce Advertising services on its network, via the first live Cell Broadcast platform in the world.
Incorporated in 1999, WebTech Wireless Inc. is a commercial Telematics Service Provider delivering mission critical wireless data services on the road. WebTech has built an end-to-end Wireless Vehicle Services System and suite of fleet management services all delivered through hand-held PDAs or Laptops. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mercedes-Benz in Kuwait offers advanced protection for commercial vehicles with Blindcorp vehicle armoring
- Trakker Middle East LLC launches latest C-track telematics services in the regional market
- LibanCell introduces mobile Internet service
- CERT TO OFFER TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SOLUTION AT GITEX - CERT ‘Falcon’ Gears-up for Fleet Managers as Global Market for Vehicle Telematics Solutions Esca
- Arab:IT offers Limousine Companies big return on investment