LinkedIn reveals what most professionals in Saudi Arabia think of themselves
Saudi professionals are yet to fully utilize the LinkedIn platform to its maximum potential. (Image credit : Shutterstock)
LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, on Wednesday released the most overused words in LinkedIn profiles of its members from the Kingdom. The number one most overused buzzword in LinkedIn Profiles this year globally as well as in the Kingdom is “responsible.”
LinkedIn currently has over 259 million members worldwide, out of which over 10 million members are from Middle East and North Africa according to an article in Saudi Gazette.
The top 10 words that appear most often in the profiles of the over one million LinkedIn members in Saudi Arabia are: Responsible, strategic, effective, dynamic, expert, organizational, analytical, creative, competitive and innovative.
This is the fourth year that LinkedIn has released its annual list of overused buzzwords. Looking back at the past few years, a variety of buzzwords have risen and fallen in terms of their popularity. In 2010, “extensive experience” was the top buzzword worldwide, and for two years running in both 2011 and 2012, the top buzzword was “creative.”
“Our annual buzzwords list demonstrates how Saudi professionals are yet to fully utilize the LinkedIn platform to its maximum potential,” said Ali Matar, LinkedIn MENA spokesperson.
“Instead of defaulting on commonly used words to describe your professional experiences, you can easily differentiate yourself by incorporating photos, videos and presentations in your LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your best work,” Matar added.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Mind your language: These are the most overused words on LinkedIn in Saudi Arabia
- First impressions count: getting your LinkedIn photo right
- Social media allows Saudis to express themselves to the world
- Social media creates new opportunities for insurers
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night