LinkedIn reveals what most professionals in Saudi Arabia think of themselves
LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, on Wednesday released the most overused words in LinkedIn profiles of its members from the Kingdom. The number one most overused buzzword in LinkedIn Profiles this year globally as well as in the Kingdom is “responsible.”
LinkedIn currently has over 259 million members worldwide, out of which over 10 million members are from Middle East and North Africa according to an article in Saudi Gazette.
The top 10 words that appear most often in the profiles of the over one million LinkedIn members in Saudi Arabia are: Responsible, strategic, effective, dynamic, expert, organizational, analytical, creative, competitive and innovative.
This is the fourth year that LinkedIn has released its annual list of overused buzzwords. Looking back at the past few years, a variety of buzzwords have risen and fallen in terms of their popularity. In 2010, “extensive experience” was the top buzzword worldwide, and for two years running in both 2011 and 2012, the top buzzword was “creative.”
“Our annual buzzwords list demonstrates how Saudi professionals are yet to fully utilize the LinkedIn platform to its maximum potential,” said Ali Matar, LinkedIn MENA spokesperson.
“Instead of defaulting on commonly used words to describe your professional experiences, you can easily differentiate yourself by incorporating photos, videos and presentations in your LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your best work,” Matar added.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- First impressions count: getting your LinkedIn photo right
- Social media creates new opportunities for insurers
- Social media allows Saudis to express themselves to the world
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- The importance of personal branding: Can a lousy facebook profile be the only thing keeping you from landing the job?