Low cost scanner to make Middle East debut at Arab Health 2003
Somatom Smile, a low-cost computed tomography (CT) scanner, specially designed for small clinics and hospitals, will make its Middle East debut at Arab Health 2003, the region’s leading hospital, medical equipment and services exhibition and conference.
Developed by Siemens Medical Solutions, one of the world's largest players in the healthcare industry, the Somatom Smile will make CT scanning accessible to the region's private radiology practices, small clinics and peripheral hospitals that may not be able to afford more equipment.
Manufactured in China, the Somatom Smile system was originally designed for the needs of private radiology practices and smaller clinics in China, Southeast Asia and Brazil. Today, over 100 of the small spiral CT systems have been sold worldwide.
Arab Health 2003 will incorporate three vertical industry forums, Arab Dentistry; Pharmacy, the only Middle East event dedicated to pharmacists, general practitioners and hospital medical staff and MedLab, for laboratory and biotechnology products. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Portable blood analyzer to debut at Arab Health
- Air Arabia named Low-Cost Carrier of the Year at Aviation Business Awards
- GE Healthcare to mark Middle East launch of advanced diagnostic technologies at Arab Health 2011
- Air Arabia named ‘Low-Cost Carrier of the Year’ at Aviation Business Awards 2008
- Arab Health Show Adds Focus on Arab Dentistry, Pharmacy and Laboratories