Lube Oil Blending Plant
Since 1985, Shell Oman Marketing (SOM) owns and operates the Sultanate's only lubricant and oil blending plant.
The blending plant was commissioned in 1986 with an installed capacity of 15,000 metric tones per annum (mtpa) on a single-shift basis, with a total production capacity of over 31,000 mtpa. A 100 per cent Omani crew runs the plant.
The plant produces international quality lubricants that meet all of the domestic market needs, and offers SOM's customers genuine bulk lubricant supply which provides benefits such as reduced costs, less waste, and avoids potential product contamination.
With a new state-of-the-art plastic-pack filling line becoming operational in 1999, the plant now produces 100 grades of oils and lubricants. 75 percent of production is exported to other markets in the Middle East.
In 1993, the fully computerized plant was the first in Oman to receive the ISO 9002 accreditation for fuel and lubricant storage, handling, distribution and associated services. It has also twice been the recipient of His Majesty the Sultan's "Best Five Factories" award.
The blending plant works to stringent Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards and has adopted the Shell Group's HSE policy.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- A portrait of a partnership – shell and Sabic Styrene 2 comes on line
- MELUBCO Lube Oil Blending Plant enters into an MOU with DP World
- TOTAL To Establish Lube Oil Production Facility King Abdullah Economic City
- ENOC Lubricants & Grease Manufacturing Plant receives Appreciation Award from SHELL for operational excellence
- ENOC inaugurates advanced Lubricants & Grease Manufacturing Plant in Fujairah Port