Lumenis announces management changes and workforce reduction
Israel’s Lumenis announced several senior management and organizational changes and a plan to reduce its workforce. Japanese and the American sales and marketing operations have been re-organized to report directly to the Aesthetic and Medical business units.
The company plans to reduce its workforce by approximately 12 percent. The workforce reduction includes approximately 180 employees, 110 of which will be affected by the previously announced relocation of manufacturing operations to Salt Lake City, Utah and Yokneam, Israel by March 2003.
The remaining 70-person reduction comes from broad based eliminations across all functions of the company, which were completed in the past several weeks. Once the reductions are completed, the company will have approximately 1,350 employees worldwide.
Lumenis develops manufactures, and markets proprietary laser and intense pulsed light devices. Its systems are used in a variety of aesthetic, ophthalmic, surgical, and dental applications, including hair removal, non-invasive treatment of vascular lesions and pigmented lesions, acne, psoriasis, open angle glaucoma, secondary cataracts, age-related macular degeneration, ENT, gynecology, urinary lithotripsy, benign prostatic hyperplasic, and neurosurgery. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Opennet announces management changes to MENA operations
- IBM delivers analytics and Workforce Science to help clients improve organizational performance
- Latest additions of Epson’s WorkForce Pro range launched in Middle East
- PerformanceEdge™ Receives 2008 EMEA Contact Center Workforce Management Frost &
- Nomura Announces Organizational Changes