Lumiglass Industries increases laminated glass capacity by nearly 100%
Lumiglass Industries, a subsidiary of Glass LLC which is wholly owned by Dubai Investments PJSC, has nearly doubled its production capacity of laminated glass with the installation of a state-of-the-art pre-laminating unit from Benteler AG, the Germany-based global automotive supplier.
Lumiglass is one of the largest manufacturers of laminated safety glass in the Middle East. With the installation of the new pre-laminating unit - the largest machine of its kind in the region - the company’s laminated glass production capacity has increased to 35,000 square meters per month, which is nearly twice its previous capacity.
“In adding this state-of the-art machine to our equipment line-up, Lumiglass increases its laminated glass capacity by almost 100% at a stroke,” said Sultan Al Zarif, General Manager of Lumiglass Industries. “The new machine will help us meet the rising demand for laminated glass, and allow us to boost our competitiveness by delivering superior quality, low-emission laminated glass products.”
“At Lumiglass, we always seek to be at the leading edge of glass development in the Middle East. Our strong focus on innovation, coupled with our constant upgrade of equipment and facilities, allows us to produce and supply a wide selection of high-performance laminated glass to customers around the region,” Al Zarif added.
The new pre-laminating unit can produce laminated sheets with areas of 2,600mm in width, 5,500mm in length, and approximately 4mm to 100mm in thickness. It is designed to handle soft coatings, low-emission glass, temperable glass, and photovoltaic solar cells, among others.
Lumiglass’ range of modern glass-processing equipment includes – besides the new machine - one of the world’s largest Tamglass autoclaves, a fully automated Robotech pre-processing line, digital ceramic frit screen-printing, and two Tamglass continuous-carrier bending furnaces.
Laminated glass is renowned for its ability to maintain the integrity of the pane even when broken. Extremely difficult to penetrate, laminated glass is a true safety glass which resists extreme weather, human impact, burglary and forced-entry, fire-arm attack and explosions, and has a remarkable ability to stay intact, and to continue its protective role, even when broken.
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- Suspended tax transfers pushed Palestinian economy to the brink
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax
- Dubai Investments announces launch of Glass LLC, the region's first glass holding company
- glass llc subsidiaries secure deal with emirates float glass for 20% of its total glass production worth over aed20 million annually
- Dubai Investments targets 40% surge in glass demand in 2014
- Emirates Glass embarks on AED175 million expansion move