Luxemburg allocates €3.7 million to development projects in Morocco
The government of Luxemburg will extend €3.7 million to a Moroccan water and road construction project.
The initiative will secure potable water supplies to the populations of Errachidia and Zagoura in Southern, Morocco, reported MAP. The funds will cover the analysis and follow-up of water quality, equipment maintenance and the installation of purification technology.
The contribution from Luxemburg will also finance the construction of two roads, which will open up the landlocked region of Errachdia and Zagoura.
Morocco's surface water resources are limited and must be saved in order to be able to satisfy the needs for drinking, industrial and agricultural purposes. While globally the water demand is satisfied, certain regions already suffer from water scarcity, especially during dry years. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Over MD6 billion allocated to promote Morocco's eastern region
- EC approves €140 million in development schemes for Morocco, Egypt and Jordan
- Spain Funds $2.4m Drinking Water Projects in Morocco
- Italy writes off $55 million of Morocco’s debts
- Egypt increases its electricity output by 3.7 million kilowatts