Luxury hotel Fairmont Dubai opens for business
Dubai’s 28th five-star hotel, Fairmont Dubai, opened for business and leisure this week. With its wind-tower design and multi-hued nightly illuminations, the 394-room hotel, served by a 400-strong staff team, is located on Dubai's Sheikh Zayed road, opposite the Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC), to which it is linked by the Fairmont walkway.
The Fairmont aims to have an average of 50 to 60 percent occupancy in the first year, Regional Sales and Marketing Director Stephen Banks told Gulf News. Fairmont expects most of its direct competition to come from the Emirates Towers.
Hotel General Manager Michael Kaile noted the use of cutting edge design in the 34-storey building, displayed in every feature from the 12 restaurants and lounges to all rooms and 12 suites, as well as the 40,000-square feet Romanesque spa and health club.
A Newcomer to the city, international hotel operator Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has been appointed by the private office of Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al-Nahyan to manage the luxury business hotel, through an agreement by which Fairmont acquired a minority stake in the project. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to open in Riyadh by late 2012
- Fairmont to manage business hotel in Dubai
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts announces Amman, Jordan
- Famous Agents: Fairmont’s Travel Agent Education & Rewards Program Unveils Special Middle East Offer
- Fairmont.ae will make booking a stay at Fairmont easier than ever