Maaden to begin gold production at two sites
A senior executive at the Saudi-based Arabian Mining Company (Maaden), cited by Al-Watan newspaper, has revealed that his company will begin to manufacture gold out of Al-Hajjar gold mine as of next January.
The company is planning to produce 260,000 ounces of gold annually from that site.
Maaden is currently looking for an appropriate mining method to extract gold from the Al-Ammar mine along the eastern road of the kingdom. The company is planning to extract 160,000 ounces of gold annually from this site.
- Newmont Mining Turkish gold sales reached 126,000 ounces in 2002
- leaders from Alba, Dubal, Emal, Ma’aden, Qatalum and Sohar Aluminium to attend 4th MEED Middle East Aluminium Conference
- Replacing oil with minerals: Saudi Ma'aden has $1.5 billion worth of ambitions up its sleeve
- Replacing oil? Ma'aden signs $5 billion dear worth of phosphate agreements
- Calvalley Petroleum begins well drilling at Yemen's block 9 site