Madinat Jumeirah's Al-Souq going under cover
Al-Habtoor Interiors (AHI), a specialist interior fitout company based in Dubai, was contracted by Bu Haleeba –Al-Jaber – Grinaker Joint Venture to construct a timber archway designed to put the entire Al-Souk walkways in Madinat Jumeirah under cover.
Al-Souk, part of the Madinat Jumeirah Resort “has been design to enclose all the walkways between the 120 shops,” explained General Manager of AHI, Habib Hakim. “Patrons will be able to enjoy a traditionally designed Souk in the comfort of a temperature controlled enclosure. This will make the shopping experience accessible during the hot and cooler months in Dubai.”
AHI is scheduled to complete the project in April. The walkways will be a total of 400 meters long with varying widths of three to four meters. A total of 1,000 cubic meters of wood will be used. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Souk Qaryat Al Beri crosses 150,000 shopper-mark in 5 months
- Dine at Madinat Jumeirah and Peel 25% Off Your Food Bill with MasterCard
- exotic, innovative, exemplary…the zheng he’s cookbook is launched!
- Art Dubai promises to be a glitzy affair
- Arab Media Forum 2015 tackles the industry's hard-hitting issues of the region