Majid Al Futtaim's $673M Mall of Egypt slated for March opening
The mall is located in 6th of October City and will feature more than 350 lifestyle, entertainment, and convenience-oriented outlets, and 50 food and beverage outlets. (Majid Al Futtaim)
Majid Al-Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East and North Africa, announced that they are moving ahead with the final phases of Mall of Egypt in preparation for the opening in March 2017.
With EGP 6bn worth of investments, the opening of the mall will see the launch of the continent’s first indoor ski slope, Ski Egypt, and the country’s first VOX Cinemas Cineplex.
The mall will also provide an entry point for some of the world’s leading international brands to enter Egypt for the first time.
The mall is located in 6th of October City and will feature more than 350 lifestyle, entertainment, and convenience-oriented outlets, and 50 food and beverage outlets. The mall spans a gross leasable area (GLA) of 165,000 sqm and will provide customers with 6,500 parking spaces.
Founded in 1992, Majid Al-Futtaim owns and operates 20 shopping malls, 12 hotels and three mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Majid Al Futtaim’s malls in Dubai to serve up a delicious helping of activities during Dubai Food Festival (DFF) 2016
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties continues to set footfall benchmarks with Eid trading figures
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties to invest USD 3.5 billion in four new shopping malls
- Majid Al Futtaim lays foundation for City Centre Almaza as the 3rd City Centre in Egypt and the 14th in the MENA Region
- 'A magnet for shoppers': Majid Al-Futtaim to double in size after remarkable 2014