Major marine fuel supplier buys UAE company
World Fuel Services Corporation of Miami Springs, Florida, has announced the acquisition of Marine Energy, a marine fuel services company based in Dubai.
A statement released by World Fuel Services states that the acquisition of Marine Energy gives the U.S.-based company a strong presence in the world's second-largest marine fuel supply market.
"With the acquisition of Marine Energy, World Fuel Services has a strong presence in all of the world's major bunker fuel markets, " said Jerrold Blair, chairman of World Fuel Services.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation and marine fuel products and related services, providing fuel and services at more than 1,100 airports and seaports worldwide.
With 24 offices strategically located throughout the world, World Fuel Services offers its customer a value-added outsource service for the supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management of marine and aviation fuel. – (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Comverge acquires Sixth Dimension’s iNET software platform
- Major marine fuel supplier acquires UAE firm
- Waterfront developments fuel demand in Kuwaiti marine leisure market
- BP Marine to supply bunker refueling service at Oman's Salalah port
- Largest ever boat show to showcase booming global marine industry