Making a comeback: Iran to participate in World Economic Forum
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani plans to partake in the 44th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in the Swiss mountain resort of Davos on global financial crisis.
President Rouhani is slated to visit Switzerland later this month, to deliver a speech to world leaders in the international forum. It will be the Iranian president's first European trip since taking office in August 2013. The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2014 will be held January 22 to 25. Its theme focuses on “The Reshaping of the World: Consequences for Society, Politics and Business.” This year’s annual summit aims to develop the insights, initiatives and actions necessary to respond to current and emerging challenges. The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss non-profit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva. It describes itself as an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. The Forum is best known for its annual meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in GraubÃ¼nden, in the Eastern Alps region of Switzerland. The meeting brings together some 2,500 top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world, including health and the environment.
- King Salman and the nanny state: how the Saudi economy is about to sustain itself on 'freebies'
- Livelihoods trump lawlessness: young working Egyptians risk everything in Libya
- RIP: King Abdullah leaves behind profound legacy for the Saudi Economy
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Shimon Peres marks big wins at World Economic Forum in Davos
- World Economic Forum launches scenarios on future of Bahrain
- World Economic Forum says meeting in Jordan ”Opportunity to seize the moment”
- DP World convenes roundtable of industry experts to focus on trade issues in countdown to world economic forum