Mall of the Emirates to house region's biggest Debenhams
The Alshaya Group has signed an agreement to lease 140,000 square feet of prime retail space, including the largest Debenhams department store in the Middle East in Mall of the Emirates.
The mall is expected to be the world’s third largest mall and the biggest outside North America when it opens in September 2005.
The Alshaya Group, which was established in 1890, currently operates over 550 stores throughout eight countries across the Middle East and Turkey. The group’s portfolio consists of more than 30 international retail brands including several of the world’s leading clothing, health, beauty, fashion and restaurant names, including Starbucks, Next, River Island, Laura Ashley, Milano, MAC and Top Shop. Many of these household names will have stores in Mall of the Emirates.
Mall of the Emirates will include over 2.4 million square feet of shopping, leisure and entertainment space, the largest Carrefour hypermarket in Dubai, a 14 screen multiplex cinema and a 400-room hotel. It will also incorporate the Middle East’s first Ski Resort featuring one of the world’s longest indoor ski slopes and a play area. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Tunisia’s biggest mall opens on September 29
- Britain’s Debenhams Department Store opens in Sharjah
- Danube to open its biggest ‘BUILDMART’ showroom within a mall
- Emirates NBD opens new branch in Dubai mall - the world’s biggest shopping centre
- A parody of itself? Dubai to build climate-controlled 'city' and a mall bigger than the world's biggest