Mall of Emirates officially inaugurated
The Mall of Emirates was officially inaugurated Tuesday by Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE's Minister of Finance and Industry, in the presence of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister, in a ribbon cutting ceremony.
The official inauguration took place with Sheikh Hamdan cutting the ribbon to officially inaugurate the Dh3 billion project developed by Majid Al Futtaim Investments (MAF). After the ribbon cutting Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Mohammed were led to Ski Dubai, the first indoor ski resort with 5 different runs ranging in difficulties, snow covered hills and a chair lift.
The 6.5 million square feet retail and leisure resort houses retailing, entertainment, dining, recreation and 5-star accommodation plus the Ski Dubai.
More than 400 retailers comprising the world's largest collection of international brand names have signed up for the complex. The Mall of Emirates offers a wide selection of familiar and established names brands.
Construction on the Mall began in 1999. At the peak of construction, 75 cranes were in use simultaneously. Each day, 11,000 construction workers were at work to finish the complex.
- Sheikh Mohammed expressed enthusiasm regarding City of Arabia
- Mall of the Emirates to open during the last week of September
- Dubai Municipality, National Central Cooling Co. (Tabreed) sign agreement over Dubai Metro Project
- MALL OF THE EMIRATES MARKS CONSTRUCTION MILESTONE WITH RAISING OF THE TOP SECTION OF SKI HILL
- Mall of the Emirates to be launched soon