Maroon Petrochemical project to be inaugurated next year
The Member of Board of Directors of Iran's National Company for Petrochemical Industries Mohammed Hadi Rahbar has announced that Maroon Petrochemical Project in which Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) has participated in its financing will be inaugurated in March 2006.
In a statement to Iran's Mehr News Agency, he said that SABIC's share in the project is 30% and the project's capacity of petrochemicals is 1.56 million tons.
As SABIC ranks first in petrochemical exports to the world markets, the Iranian company will set up a joint company with SABIC to market the products of the project, he said, and added that the shares of the new company will be fifty-fifty between the two sides.
- Iran to invest US$50 billion in petrochemical sector
- Sabic judged “petrochemicals company of the year”
- Qatar Petroleum to Invest $20.6 billion into new projects over the next five years
- Qatar Chemical complex inaugurated in Masaieed
- Aiding through investing: Egypt proposes $540 million worth of petrochemical plants to the UAE