Maroon Petrochemical project to be inaugurated next year
The Member of Board of Directors of Iran's National Company for Petrochemical Industries Mohammed Hadi Rahbar has announced that Maroon Petrochemical Project in which Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) has participated in its financing will be inaugurated in March 2006.
In a statement to Iran's Mehr News Agency, he said that SABIC's share in the project is 30% and the project's capacity of petrochemicals is 1.56 million tons.
As SABIC ranks first in petrochemical exports to the world markets, the Iranian company will set up a joint company with SABIC to market the products of the project, he said, and added that the shares of the new company will be fifty-fifty between the two sides.
- SABIC and ExxonMobil Chemical to study petrochemicals expansion in Saudi Arabia
- SABIC awards Sharq 3rd expansion project to Foster Wheeler Energy
- SABIC seeks to enter US, EU markets
- Saudi Arabia’s Sabic net profits rise four times to $549 million
- Sabic plans to build second Ethylene Glycol plant at Jubail United