Marrakech – leader in hotel capacity
The regional Center for City Tourism (CRT), in the presence of the General Manager of the Moroccan National office of Tourism (ONMT), Mr. Abbas Azzouzi, has reported that about 1.2 million tourists arrived to Marrakech during 2004, which marks a 24% increase in comparison to 2003.
The CRT also reported that the occupancy rate of hotels in the city went up by 7% to 58% and the total number of nights ordered increased by 27% to 4.2 million nights in 2004. EMarrakech reports that this surge was mainly ascribed to the move from an average of 3 nights stay to an average of 4 nights stay, showing that Marrakech is becoming more and more a city that tourists want to stay in.
- Royal Mirage will run Sheraton Marrakech, Agadir and Fez
- Morocco invests $576 million in 36 new Marrakech hotels
- TASWEEK discusses UAE’s ‘investment power’ at 3rd Gulf-Moroccan Investment Forum
- German market leader Dornbracht announces Middle East launch at the Hotel Show Dubai
- Sulayem to meet FIA boss at Morocco WTCC