Marriott International to open six new hotels in Arab countries
Six new Marriott hotels will open in Arab countries within the next 15 months, the president and managing director of International Lodging for Marriot International, Ed Fuller, said Wednesday.
"When these six hotels are opened, our portfolio in the region will grow to 27 properties," he told a news conference in Cairo.
Two of the new five-star hotels will be in Egypt. One will open in Taba on the Gulf of Aqaba by the end of the year, and the other will open in Cairo in May 2001.
The other four will open in Petra, Jordan; Jordan's Dead Sea coast; Saudi Arabia; and Tunisia.
Marriott International already has four hotels in Egypt: in Cairo, Alexandria and the Red Sea resorts of Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh.
Marriott began its operations in the Middle East and Africa in 1980 with the opening of its Riyadh Hotel in Saudi Arabia. .— (AFP)
© Agence France Presse 2000
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Marriott International debuts three new brands with opening of City Center hotels in Doha, Qatar
- New Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Marriott Executive Apartments planned for Abu Dhabi at Bloom Central
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts announces global pipeline of nearly 50 new hotels and resorts
- What Arab Spring? Five five-star hotels set to open in Bahrain
- Marriott opens new hotel in Cologne