Marriott International to open three new properties in Qatar
The Marriott International (MI) will open three new properties in the Qatari capital even as the Doha Marriott Hotel announced the completion of its QR50 million project to renovate its main building into an Executive Tower.
At a press conference, Joe Batshon, general manager, Doha Marriott, disclosed that the three new properties planned to enter Qatar were the five-star property, Renaissance, the four-star Courtyard and the Marriott Executive Apartments.
According to The Peninsula, all these new properties will be located in two, 44-storeyed towers located adjacent to the City Center, Doha. Renaissance is to offer 250 rooms, the Courtyard will have 150 and the Marriott Executive Apartments some 100 serviced apartments with one to four bedrooms. The Courtyard and the Executive Apartments will be located in a single tower.
Two more properties are expected to come up near the City Center – the Shangri-La and the Rotana. Batshon, however, said the three properties would not be ready in time for the 2006 Asian Games hosted by Doha.
- Marriott International debuts three new brands with opening of City Center hotels in Doha, Qatar
- Qatar Hosts Marriott Sales Managers
- Marriott International to add three hotels in Doha, Qatar
- Marriott International brings three new hotels to Doha
- New Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Marriott Executive Apartments planned for Abu Dhabi at Bloom Central