Marriott steps up sales operations in the Middle East
Marriott's Middle East sales office is expanding its operations in the region, said Vice President of Marriott Global Sales, Middle East, Africa and Subcontinent, Samir Daqqaq. Daqqaq noted that the Middle East had seen a 32 percent increase in business transient sales activity, largely generated by the emphasis placed by Marriott on strong relationships with clients.
Speaking while on a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) tour, Daqaqq was accompanied by a delegation of over 20 General Managers and Sales Directors from Marriott hotels around the world, including London, Paris, Austria, and the Middle East.
Daqaqq added that Marriott Global Sales was expanding in the region, and had recently opened new sales offices in India and North Africa, with offices also planned to open soon in East and West Africa. Marriott Global Sales has also opened a sales office in Baghdad to tap demand in Iraq. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Alex Kyriakidis to head Marriott’s Middle East and Africa division where company plans major expansion
- Around 573 new hotels to be built in Middle East/Africa region, report says
- Marriott International announces leadership positions for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
- Marriott International appoints Marwan Haddad as Director of Sales for Marriott Executive Apartments, Bahrain
- Marriott to go overboard and quadruple its capacities for Expo 2020