Mashreqbank to offer American Express Travelers Cheques
Mashreqbank has signed an agreement American Express to sell Amex Travelers Cheques throughout its 30-branch network in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Both account holders and non-customers can purchase the cheques from Mashreqbank branches.
“If you lose cash, it's gone forever; but our Travelers Cheques can be replaced, usually within 24 hours, virtually anywhere in the world,” said Rafic Lababidi, senior manager of Amex Travelers Cheques Group Middle East.
American Express Company is a worldwide travel and financial services company founded in 1850. It deals in charge and credit cards, travelers’ cheques, financial planning, investment products, insurance services and international banking.
Founded in 1967 in Dubai as Bank of Oman, Mashreqbank is one of the largest private banks in the UAE, which specializes in the retail sector with 30 local branches and 11 international branches and subsidiaries worldwide. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Former Nakheel executive accused of embezzling $270 mn
- Mashreqbank signs MoU with CresBank and IHFL
- American Express makes premium travel more rewarding with the International Airline Programme
- American Express offers SADAD to its Cardmembers
- Arab Financial Services is the global customer service voice for Visa Travellers Cheques