Mastercard International reports 18.9 percent regional growth
MasterCard International reported an 18.9 percent growth in its gross dollar transactions volume in the Middle East and Africa region in the year 2001. The region recorded 20 percent growth in the fourth quarter of the year alone, confirmed a company press release.
Cardholders across the globe used MasterCard-branded cards for more than 11.6 billion transactions, generating a GDV of $986 billion, an increase of 17.6 percent over 2000.
MasterCard International has a comprehensive portfolio of widely accepted payment brands including MasterCardâ, Cirrusâ and Maestroâ. More than 1.7 billion MasterCard, Cirrus and Maestro logos are present on credit, charge and debit cards in circulation. MasterCard serves consumers and businesses, both large and small, in over 210 countries and territories. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- MasterCard International’s gross dollar volume up 23% in Middle East
- Mastercard International reports 31 percent regional growth
- MasterCard’s Middle East GDV up 16 percent in 1Q 2003
- MasterCard's Middle East gross dollar volume increased 17.5% in 2003
- Mastercard records 17 percent regional growth in first nine months of 2003