MasterCard reports growth in payment programs for second quarter
MasterCard International reported performance results for its payment programs for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2002, demonstrating continued growth across all regions and in all key measures of success in the payments industry.
Strong MasterCard-branded GDV (Gross Dollar Value) growth was reported in the South Asia, Middle East/Africa (SAMEA) region, where MasterCard GDV grew 22.1 percent during the first six months of 2002 and 23.4 percent for second quarter of 2002, in each case compared to the same period in 2001.
Strong purchase volume growth of almost 23 percent strong cash volume growth rates and a very strong GDV growth rate in South Africa fueled the region's growth in the second quarter of 2002 compared to 2001.
“The first six months of 2002 has seen considerable growth across the SAMEA region with a 22.1 percent increase in the GDV compared to 2001. Much of this growth can be directly attributed to the very successful acquisition and usage programs run by our members, utilizing MasterCard's World Cup Sponsorship” explained Sonny Sannon, president, MasterCard International, South Asia Middle East and Africa. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE MasterIndex of Consumer Confidence Holds Steady
- MasterCard records 17 percent growth in the Middle East for 1H 2003
- Mastercard International reports 31 percent regional growth
- Mastercard International reports 18.9 percent regional growth
- MasterCard reports strong second quarter growth in the Asia/Pacific, Middle East & Africa Region