Matav Digital selects Comverse email server for expansion of communication services
Matav Digital of Israel has selected Comverse, a unit of Comverse Technology 's email server in an open tender to replace and expand its current unified communication services offering.
By utilizing the increased capacity and expanded capabilities of the Comverse email server, Matav Digital can now provide users with the entire range of Comverse messaging services supported by the interactive TV (iTVGate) platform. These services currently include SMS messaging, picture, email and multimedia messaging over digital TV and access to the subscriber's address book.
Matav is one of Israel's three cable television providers, serving roughly 25 percent of the population in a government-mandated monopoly market. Matav's investments include 15 percent of Partner Communications, a GSM mobile phone company, 10 percent of Barak, Israel's second-largest provider of international long distance and Internet telephony, and 100 percent of Non-Stop, a new company offering broadband Internet services. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Matav negotiating possible increase in holdings in merged cable company
- Matav-Cable to sell 7.7 percent of Partner Communications
- Matav receives tax assessments from Israeli Tax Authorities
- Bezeq selects CTI2 for voice mail and unified communications
- RiT delivers PairQ DSL qualification systems to Hungary’s Matav