Mauritania: Total announces signature of two production sharing contracts
Total has announced the signature of two production sharing contracts with Mauritania for the onshore blocks Ta7 and Ta8. Situated in the Taoudenni basin, north-eastern Mauritania, these blocks cover a surface area of nearly 58,000 square kilometres.
These contracts follow an agreement for petroleum exploration studies signed 18 months ago by Total for on the ground geological works on both of these blocks. Furthermore, three exploration phases are planned, each for a duration of three years for each of them.
Total is already present in Mauritania through its distribution network with the local subsidiary operating around 60 service stations.
- T. Gargour & Fils signs an agreement with TOTAL to become the sole distributor of Elf lubricants in Jordan
- Gulf Holding Company Unveils Signature Series at Kuwait Property Exhibition; Showcases Projects worth US$900 million
- Halliburton announces first quarter earnings of $0.64 per diluted share
- India's OVL clinches two major oil contracts in Qatar and Egypt
- Gulf to award $68bln worth of gas contracts