Egypt to set public sector maximum wages in an anti-graft bid
Maximum wages will be applied starting next Tuesday “retrospective from January 2013 on all administrative leadership in state positions”, as confirmed by a media spokesperson at the Central Agency for Organisation and Administration (CAOA).
Government employees will receive optional declaration opportunities to announce any remuneration they took, and which stand at over 35 times the initial appointment wages for higher education graduates.
CAOA Commissioner Jehan Abdel Rahman said that the declarations would record the wages these government employees received since January until 30 May.
Working groups have been allocated to receive the statements, and to specify the exact amounts received, she said.
The new limit will be applied on all public sector workers.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal