McDonald's rated number 1 in the GCC
In a recent survey of the region's informal eat out market (IEO) McDonald’s was rated as the region’s favorite fast food restaurant by market research firm Synovate. Although local entrepreneurs independently own McDonald’s restaurants in Middle East countries, they were collectively rated the region’s favorite restaurant, based on last visit satisfaction, market penetration, and market share.
The research, which is based on a sample of over 2,000 people from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, examines a variety of factors, such as the number of visits to quick service restaurants, and their overall satisfaction with their most recent visit.
The research showed an expected decline in the overall number of visits to quick service restaurants, due to the political and economic events of the first quarter. McDonald’s restaurants, however, showed an increase in market share within quick service restaurants. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- McDonald's reports growth in Middle East despite anti-US sentiment
- McDonald's launches Beef Quality Awareness campaign
- McDonald's Middle East owners and operators hold regional meeting in Qatar
- McDonald’s launches new worldwide brand campaign
- McDonald’s continues regional expansion with new Dubai restaurant