Mega Mall to turn Sharjah into shopping hub
Sharjah’s newest shopping center, the Mega Mall was recently inaugurated by ruler of the Emirate, Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi. The mall, worth 380 million Emirati Dirhams ($103 million), consists of four levels comprising over 150 shops including international brand names stores, reported Gulf News. Sharjah-based Citadel Properties built the Mega Mall with Canada’s Milne and Nicholls as general contractor.
The ground floor will be reserved for retail geared for the family and will include a supermarket, toy stores, sports and electronics stores. The first and second floors are lined with fashion outlets, gold and jewelry shops and textile stores. The top story includes the Antic Land Family Entertainment Center covering 85,000 square feet, including a seven-screen cinema multiplex seating 1,300 and a food court with 600 seats and 12 restaurants.
The new mall was opened in a bid to make Sharjah a worthy competitor amongst other Emirates in terms of shopping hubs. Sharjah, unlike Abu Dhabi and Dubai, did not attract a significant number of shoppers from other Emirates until recently. Such malls have become key to luring tourists and shoppers from abroad. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Sharjah Summer Promotions 2010 boosting Emirate’s efforts to become regional shopping and family entertainment hub
- Best Food opens new roastry at Sharjah Mega Mall
- Sharjah: Two new shopping malls to open
- Al Ghandi Electronics opens new showroom in Sharjah Mega Mall
- Winners announced in fourth DSMG Mega Raffle at Ibn Battuta Mall