Merger and Acquisitions activity to reach record levels in Middle East
According to a recently published report by KPMG's Global Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Predictor, the Middle East region should expect a surge in M&A activity during the current year as well as the beginning of 2007.
Deal numbers, according to the report, are up on the previous six months in the region, while globally and given current benign debt market conditions along with tighter corporate balance sheets should add to the trend.
KPMG also predicted that M&A activity in the region would rise at a slower level, though it would continue to rise. Such activity is then expected to plateau in 2007.
- Regional merger and acquisition activities on rise
- Mergers and acquisitions up 250% in the Middle East in less than three months
- Mergers and acquisitions in the Middle East up
- Global aerospace and defence deal value nearly doubles in 2010, according to PwC report
- M&A Activity Will Eclipse Current Levels in 2007