25% cancellations in Umrah travels from Egypt over MERS
Egyptians performing Umrah is the principal activity for tourist companies in Egypt over the past three years given low incoming tourist traffic.
Cancellations of pilgrimages from Egypt to Saudi Arabia due to the coronavirus, also known as the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), have exceeded 25%, according to Seif Al-Imari, board member of the Egyptian Tourism Federation (ETF).
- MERS fails to hinder UAE's tourism industry
- Ramadan-bug? the holy month, not MERS, has adverse effect on UAE tourism
- A price tag on piety: Umrah providers make the most out of Ramadan by raising prices
- WHO: Haj travel ban not even 'under consideration'
- Saudi Arabian Airlines aims at raising number of Umrah travelers