Metito wins Egyptian LNG plant contract
Water treatment and desalination operator Metito has won a 3.65 million Emirati dirham (one million dollar) contract to install a specialized water treatment plant for a Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Plant at Idku in the Egyptian port city of Alexandria.
The contract will be undertaken on behalf of Bechtel to implement the plant that will deliver demineralized water for use by the plant owner the Behera Natural Gas Liquification Company.
The scope of work for the Alexandria project includes the design, supply and supervision of installation of a demineralization plant using a reverse osmosis system followed by the latest electro-deionization technology to produce high quality ultra pure water for industrial use. The scope also includes provision of antifoam and hypochlorite injection systems. Metito will further design, manufacture and supply a sewage treatment plant for the same site.
Metito is already working with Bechtel on other high profile projects in Egypt including the massive Port Ghalib leisure development in the south of the country on the Red Sea coast. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Metito wins $15 million water treatment contract in Egypt
- Metito wins $12 million water treatment contract in Iraq
- UAE's Metito wins $1.3 million sewage contract in Equatorial Guinea
- Metito builds desalination plant for Port Ghalib Resort
- METITO Overseas Ltd wins AED 8 million contract in Sudan oil field project