Microsoft to invest in projects in the Egyptian educational sector
The Egyptian Ministry of Education and Microsoft signed an agreement to provide all Ministry-supervised schools with Microsoft desktop products. In cooperation with the Ministry, Microsoft will invest in major technology projects in the educational sector; including the establishment of the Middle East Educational Center of Technological Excellence and the Junior Developer initiative.
The Middle East Educational Center of Technological Excellence will be established at the Ministry of Education's City premises and will provide teachers and students with training and certification on the latest Microsoft technology, provide access to the latest innovative technology, and act as a regional focal point for educators and policy makers to share and replicate optimal techniques.
The Junior Developer initiative is aimed at utilizing the wealth of creativity and innovative minds among Egypt's youth. The initiative's specialized programs will help young students realize their potential and will create a stock of young developers trained according to MS worldwide accredited standards. The program is designed to run both concurrent with the academic year as well as during the summer vacation. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Oman, Microsoft sign MoU to bring improved ICT education to schools
- Government of Lebanon and Microsoft sign Partners in Learning MoU
- UAE University standardizes technology on Microsoft
- HP and Microsoft expand collaboration initiative to Microsoft Technology Center in the Middle East
- Microsoft updates Jordan teachers on best practices in integrating ICT in the Classroom