Microsoft launches Lumia 540 Dual SIM smartphone, comes in three colors
Microsoft's new smartphone is available for pre-booking. (Microsoft)
Microsoft has launched the dual SIM Lumia 540. Priced at $149, the device will be open to pre-booking from May 18.
The smartphone comes with a 5-inch HD display and runs on Windows Phone 8.1 OS and is available for purchase in cyan, orange, white and black colours.
Along with 5MP and 8MP cameras, the device packs in a 1.2GHz quad core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB RAM and a 2200mAh battery. There is 8GB of storage that is expandable to 128GB via a microSD card.
Microsoft has also pre-installed Skype and Office on the device so that it is suitable for productivity as well as multimedia communication and consumption, and is also bundling in 30 GB of free cloud storage.
The Lumia 540 also offers Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-fi, GPS and 3G support.
The device is the cheapest entry-level option in the company's new lineup to offer an HD display. Lumia 540 will be eligible for upgrade to the Windows 10 Mobile OS when it is launched later this year.
[This story has been edited from the source material.]
- Nokia advances on its new strategic direction, rolls out range of new mobile devices and services
- New Lumia smartphones come to Jordan!
- Huawei unveils World’s Slimmest Smartphone at CES 2012
- Nokia accelerates the journey to mobile internet with the introduction of Asha Touch device range
- Nokia reaches out to Egypt’s Java Developers community at the 2012 Java Developers Conference