Middle East campaign launched promoting Spanish olive oil
The Hilton Abu Dhabi and the JW Marriott Dubai are staging a Spanish-Arab food festival, as part of a month-long Spanish olive oil campaign across the Middle East, starting January 26. Spain is the world’s largest producer and exporter of olive oil.
The initiative titled Spanish Olive Oil at the Heart of Arab Cuisine, is backed by the Olive Oil Exporters Association of Spain (ASOLIVA) and The Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade (ICEX), part of Spain’s Ministry of Economy.
“Spanish olive oil is such an important part of the Arab diet. In fact in some cases it can make up 80 percent of the region’s total consumption,” ASOLIVA advisor Santiago Botas said, adding that “Research shows that olive oil can reduce the risk of coronary disease, lower blood pressure and protect bones and helps tone the skin, to mention just a few of the health benefits of Spanish olive oil. What’s more, the latest studies from Harvard University suggest that olive oil could protect against certain malignant tumors.”
The Hilton Abu Dhabi has devoted its Mediterranean restaurant, La Terrazza, to the capital’s leg of the tour, while the JW Marriott’s Mays Al-Reem Lebanese cuisine restaurant, will play host to the promotion in the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) second city. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Spain supplies 80 percent of Middle East olive oil needs
- The land of the olive branch: an inside look into agricultural tourism in Israel-Palestine
- DEWA participates in Our Desert is in Our Eyes campaign
- Lebanese Ministry of Economy and Trade launches tourism campaign on CNN
- Al Ghurair Foods Promotes Health Benefits of Canola Oil in Syria