Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions