Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- It doesn't run in the family? Finding the right talent top challenge for ME family businesses
- War for talent: the unhealthy side of the UAE's booming healthcare industry
- Maybe try some human rights? Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries announce initiative to address housemaid shortage
- What about human rights violations? ‘Smart’ devices to inspect labour housing in Dubai
- No strings attached, please: Saudi Arabia mulls implementing eight-year limit on expats' stay