Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- What legal authority, though? Egypt resorts to private firms for campus security
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms