Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East is seeing rise in the number of people being employed
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?