Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- Property sector salaries rise 15pc in Middle East
- Salaries within regional property and real estate sector to rise significantly in 2008
- Macdonald & Company to launch annual Middle East Salary Survey for the real estate sector at Cityscape Dubai 2007
- Prospects for salary rises brighten in the Middle East
- Robert Half opens first Middle East office in the Dubai International Financial Centre