Green shoots of recovery for Middle East recruitment?
The Middle East has witnessed an increase in hiring activity over the last few weeks, following a relatively busy summer and everyone returning to work with renewed optimism and confidence that the region is faring better compared to Europe, the UK and the US, according to Macdonald & Company’s “Middle East Salary Guide” report, which was released at Cityscape Global on Tuesday.
Several large Dubai developers and government institutions have been searching for senior individuals, and it seems that there is a real willingness to look forward, plan and budget for new staff appointments.
Critically, employers in the region are now being very selective about their new hires and are keen to bring in new expertise from outside the region again.
- UAE reaping the fruits of online education
- Out of the box: why creativity and innovation are key to the ME's economic and social progress
- The case for a minimum wage for expats in Saudi Arabia
- As long as they're 'considering' it: Emiratis slowly considering working in the private sector
- Despite strained resources, Saudi Arabia to up spending on education, infrastructure