Plans discussed on constructing new tri-country railway in these Middle Eastern countries
Jordanian, Egyptian and Iraqi officials examined ways to boost cooperation in the field of transport on the sidelines of the general assembly meeting of the Arab Bridge Maritime Company, which convened in Cairo recently.
At the meeting, participants discussed several issues related to the company’s budget and the company’s performance.
Transport Minister Lina Shbeeb, who led the Jordanian delegation to the meeting, met with her Egyptian and Iraqi counterparts Ibrahim El Demiri and Hadi Ameri, and discussed ways to develop cooperation.
Discussions focused on connecting Jordan with Iraq and Egypt through railway networks, according to the Transport Ministry.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis