Millennium Energy Industries awarded Saudi contract
Millennium Energy Industries today announced that it was awarded the design and build contract of the largest solar district hot water project in the world, for the Princess Noura University for Women Project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The University is a flagship project in the Kingdom and reaffirms the Kingdom’s focus on education and energy efficiency. The Ministry of Finance has assembled a world class consortium including the general contractor for the infrastructure of the project, a joint venture between Consolidated Contracting Company (CCC) and El-Seif Contracting, with Dar Al Handaseh as the Consultant on the project. MEI was awarded the contract for this specialized system after a rigorous and competitive due diligence process, with international competition.
The solar district water heating system, which will be engineered, procured, and constructed by Millennium Energy Industries (MEI), will support the district heating network for the entire university campus. The university campus will include student accommodation and a world class hospital. The solar system, with over 17 MW of hot water capacity, is expected to provide significant savings on fuel consumptions while reducing carbon emissions. The system is scheduled to be commissioned before the launch of the university in 2011.
The use of practical and cost-effective solar solutions such as solar hot water, allow clients to save cost and creat a better environment with lower emissions, without significant capital cost/investment.
Ennis Rimawi, Chairman of Millennium Energy Industries and the Managing Partner of Catalyst Private Equity stated: “We are proud to be selected to design and build this flagship project after significant international competition.” “This project is a complement to the Government and leadership of Saudi Arabia, it demonstrates a combination of cost efficiency, environmental consideration, and technology advancement.”
- Disturbing questions loom over Lebanon's 'secret' oil negotiations
- As uncertainty rules, the only certainty is that OPEC's upcoming meeting will be a game changer
- Warmer winter, warmer state-society relationship? Jordanians brace themselves for 'substantially' lower fuel prices
- One's catastrophe, another's celebration: Middle East's oil importing states benefiting lower oil prices
- Reading the signs behind plummeting oil prices: Saudi-led price war or simple supply and demand?
- Zamil Steel Industries awarded supply contract for Saudi Arabia's Shoaiba power plant project
- ZIIC awarded shopping mall complex contract in Riyadh
- KBR awarded contract for ConocoPhillips / Saudi Aramco Yanbu export refinery project
- Saudi Arabia keeps things local with selection of three companies to deliver $373 million water project
- Bechtel awarded $1.5 billion contract by Abu Dhabi Gas Industries