More than 26.37 million German viewers access Dubai's attractions in three months
According to a second quarter report from the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) representative office in Germany, above 26.37 million German viewers received a visual presentation of the emirate's tourist attractions. Similar achievements were made through excellent coverage in print media.
DTCM Director Operations and Marketing, Mohammed Khamis Bin Hareb said that the department regards Europe as their target and the increase in the number of hotel and hotel apartment guests from this market indicates the impact such promotion campaigns have created in the European market. "The first quarter of 2003 hotel establishment guests from Europe registered an appreciable increase of 15.37 percent compared to the corresponding first quarter of last year," he said.
Bin Hareb noted that Germans are regarded up market tourists and with this detailed program featuring Dubai as a whole, DTCM expects to attract more visitors from Germany in the coming years. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai eGovernment’s website attracts 167 per cent more visitors during 2005
- Oran attracts more than 190,000 tourists
- DIB concludes Fourth Round of Iktasib Professional banking training for more than 162 UAE nationals
- Ten million Japanese viewers to access Dubai attractions
- HSBC ‘optimistic’ UAE, Qatar will gain emerging markets status