More drilling planned on Yemen block
Pertacal Energy has plugged and suspended the Daw'an 2 well on Yemen's Block R-2 following disappointing drilling results. Gallo Oil is well operator.
The land rig will now mobilize to drilling prospects located in the western portion of the block. Due to difficult terrain conditions, the rig move is expected to take up to one month to complete.
The second well of the Yemen drilling program will test one of several large prospects identified by a recently completed seismic program.
Pertacal said the Daw'an 2 well encountered live oil shows in the Harshiyat and Qishn equivalent formations; four tests were conducted on selected sections within these formations using an adjustable rate downhole pump. All four tests failed to recover appreciable amounts of oil.
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- CGG's experience reaps another complex survey in Yemen
- Calvalley to drill two new exploration wells in Yemen in 2004
- TransGlobe plans aggressive drilling in Yemen in 2003
- Nexen’s 2004 investment plan to step up activities in Yemen
- Block S-1 Joint Venture Group applies for oil development license in Yemen