Moroccan national carrier strengthening Morocco-Italy destination
Moroccan national carrier (RAM) has launched recently two new non-stop flights per week, between Casablanca and Bologna (Italy), said a communiqué of the company.
The launch of these new flights, aimed at strengthening the destination Morocco-Italy, is part of a commercial and promotional action plan of RAM to satisfy the flow of Moroccan expatriates departing from different European cities to Morocco, MAP reported.
Concerning the tourism sector, this new service would allow to regionalize the Italian network, by creating a supplementary offer which will prevent saturation and dependence on Rome and Milan airports.
Bologna hosts a significant Moroccan community and is distinguished by its industrial activity that encourages the development of economic flows between the Lombardy region and Morocco.
RAM carries from Italy some 200,000 passengers per year, half of them in regular flights. Charter activity from Italy represents more than 20% of the global charter of RAM.
RAM’s summer 2004 program has allowed to increase the capacity of seats to and from Italy by more than 24% compared to 2003, which means a total of 88.824 seats. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Etihad ِAirways and ِِِAir France strengthen ties with expanded codeshare network
- Morocco, Netherlands differ on expatriate nationality
- Turkish Airlines strengthen GCC visitor traffic with culturally enriching ‘Ramadan in Istanbul’ campaign
- Air Arabia launches Hofuf as its tenth Saudi Arabia destination
- Etihad Airways expands codeshare deal with Royal Air Maroc